If you are 50 plus never despair! Robert Marchand the French cyclist (26 November 1911 – 22 May 2021) celebrated his 107th birthday by going for a 20-kilometre bike ride in the Ardèche and he stopped riding from his 108th birthday because of hearing loss! In other words you have another half a century or more of achievements waiting for you if you take to cycling. Want to know more? Click here!
You want further reassurance?, The gentleman featured Srinivasan from Doha is over 60 and the author and promoter of this website is 64 years of age with a daily average ride of 35 km.
There are a lot of questions crowding in your mind we guess
1. Wont it is be exhausting to cycle?
2. Can I cycle 100 km a day?
3. How about taking up a 300 km weekend up and down ride?
4. What cycle I need to buy?
5. What sort of exercise regime I need before taking up long rides?
6. What about the nutrition and food regime?
There is so much more. We have tackled some of this in other pages but will answer these in this page.